Tuesday, July 10, 2012

today's contemplation

Today I find myself contemplating things that do not normally come to mind. Do I want to be an author eternalized after I have passed on, do I just want to touch people with my works or is it all about fame and money? What is it I am really looking for? Money is nice but do I need to be rich? Remembered forever means that I leave a mark but do I want to be dead to be important? I find myself listening to music from Selena and Aaliyah and other artists in music who died before their time. Pondering, they had a little of fame before they died but became great after their deaths and I think that is not what I want. I want to touch the lives of people here and now; give them new perspectives, hopes, desires they never knew they had, strength in their time of need and ultimately help them through works of literature get through the things in their life they have trouble with. Do I believe that means I have to write a story about real life? No. I believe that sometimes we find ourselves in dreams. I believe that sometimes in seeing life through others eyes whether real or make believe we learn. Does that mean that if someone offered me money I wouldn't accept it? Um no. I got two words for you... student loans.

No comments:

Post a Comment